The British Pharmacopoeia 2015, the official source of British pharmaceutical standards
Produced by the British Pharmacopoeia Commission Secretariat of the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency, and updated annually, the British Pharmacopoeia (BP) is the official, authoritative collection of standards for UK medicinal substances for human and veterinary use.
150 Years Setting Quality Standards
The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2015 marks the 150th Anniversary of setting quality standards for medicines and medicinal products in the UK. To celebrate this sesquicentenary year, each copy of the BP 2015 includes a complimentary, commemorative digital facsimile of the BP 1864 - the first edition. This edition also sees the introduction of a USB format which replaces the CD-ROM.
The 2015 edition includes almost 3,500 monographs which are legally enforced by the Human Medicines Regulations 2012. Where a pharmacopoeial monograph exists, medicinal products sold or supplied in the UK must comply with the relevant monograph. All monographs and requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia are also reproduced in the BP.
Now used in over 100 countries, the BP remains an essential reference for all individuals and organisations working within pharmaceutical research and development, manufacture and testing around the globe.
New for 2015
- Legally effective from 1 January 2015
- 39 new BP monographs
- 144 amended monographs
- One new BP Supplementary Chapter
- Three in-year online updates to harmonise with the European Pharmacopoeia Supplements 8.3, 8.4 and 8.5
- All European Pharmacopoeia monographs integrated (8th Edition as amended by Supplements 8.1 and 8.2)
- USB format
- Complimentary 150th Anniversary USB containing a digital facsimile of the BP 1864
Contents of the BP 2015
Flexible access options
The BP 2015 package comprises six volumes of the British Pharmacopoeia 2015 which includes a single volume of the British Pharmacopoeia (Veterinary) 2015, along with a single-user USB format and a single-user licence to the online edition that provides you with flexible resources.
The BP 2015 becomes legally effective on 1 January 2015. Remain compliant - order your copy today..
Your BP 2015 package will include:
- Six-volume printed edition including the BP (Veterinary) 2015
- Single-user licence to the USB format*
- Single-user licence to the online edition*
The Department of Health (DH) is conducting a triennial review of its arm's length bodies including the British Pharmacopoeia. DH has sent out a public call for evidence to support this review.
British Pharmacopoeia Commission: triennial review https://www.pharmacopoeia.gov.uk/custom/latest-news.php#731
* These single-user licenses are granted solely to the designated holder of the product within an organisation